Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktails


I have posted two cocktail recipes I found on Cocktail.UK.Com for you to try on New Years. They are champagne cocktails to make sure you get into the full celebratory party mood, but obviously you can use Cava or any alternative you like.


Firstly, I have chosen a cocktail called ‘Absolutely Lush’. This particular cocktail caught my eye, not because I love Chambord in it, but because it reminded me of ‘Gavin and Stacey’. If you watch the TV programme and know of the character Stacey, you will know that she describes things as being ‘Well Lush’. When you make this cocktail think of Stacey saying ‘Absolutely Lush’ and I am sure it will make you giggle.


Absolutely Lush


1 part Vodka
1 part Chambord® raspberry liqueur
Champagne


Pour one part of vodka into a champagne glass.


Add 1-2 parts Chambord depending on your taste.


Top up the mix, to fill with glass, with champagne.



The second cocktail I have chosen to post is a ‘Champagne Mojito’. The Mojito one of the most popular cocktails of the moment; it is requested frequently as the reception drink at events and revamped constantly with various juices on cocktail menus everywhere. It is high time that the Cuban classic, established in the roots of sugar plantations, had a luxurious twist and here it is - and with sparking wine on New Year’s Eve! I’m going to be salsa dancing the night away so I think you should all feel the Cuban influence too and party all night long with a Champagne Mojito.


Champagne Mojito


2 parts White rum
1 part Lime juice
Champagne
Mint sprigs
2 Sugar cube
Crushed Ice


Fold and twist a sprig of mint and pop into a glass with the lime and sugar.


Muddle together (crush and blend with the back of a spoon or the end of a rolling pin).


Add some crushed ice, pour in the rum and top up with champagne.


You can transfer the mix to a champagne glass if you like, but make sure you get all the sugar and yummy bits out.


I hope you have a great New Year’s Eve and remember kids: Enjoy alcohol responsibly!

Sarah

0 comments: