Friday 20 February 2009

Cupcake Week


Cupcakes are the baking trend of the moment. From weddings to children’s birthday parties, everyone is making cupcakes – I know I am!


I have been into my cupcake baking for a while now, and I am starting to get a bit of a reputation (mainly for my aptly named signature cakes). My cakes are so popular that I have been asked to bake for a friend’s birthday party.


Now, you have to understand that I have never HAD to bake before. I volunteer my services because I love baking and no one quite knows what they are going to get because I happen to bake whatever I am in the mood for. Somehow this takes away the pressure of the cakes having to be perfect.


However, the ‘commissioning’ of my cupcake service makes me somewhat edgy. Not because I am scared of baking for an event, but because I don’t want to let my friend down.


In preparation for the party cakes, I have been trawling through cupcake recipes to find different flavours of cupcake, and lets just say it’s been an eye-opener. So to help you, my fellow cakey bakers, I am going to post cupcake recipes everyday for a week. Ergo, Cupcake Week is born.


See you Monday through to Sunday for a different cupcake everyday.


Sarah

0 comments: