Thursday 22 January 2009

River Cottage Bread


As you may, or may not know, the River Cottage team have been writing handbooks to help guide you to the ethical bliss of the RCHQ lifestyle. The first two, Mushrooms and Preserves have been extremely successful and Dan the Baker has just launched book number three: Bread.


Personally, I adore homemade bread and wish I could make it more often and more successfully. My soda bread keeps coming out dry and tough, and my rolls never seem comforting enough for my liking. Short of having Daniel Stevens make all my bread (something I would quite like to happen, although extremely unlikely), I am going to have to settle for his handbook to help me.


From clay ovens to bagel recipes, the book aims to ‘inspire you to abandon ready-sliced loaves for a world of delicious breads baked at home’. All I have done is pre-order the book and I am already feeling inspired. I received an email this morning telling me that my signed copy of the book has been dispatched and I cannot wait for it to arrive. Buy yours from RiverCottage.net.


Sarah

0 comments: